Saturday, 22 October 2016

The Gift Divine -- All About the Doctrine of the Real Presence

I strongly believe that it is necessary for Catholics living in Metro Cities all across the world to develop an appreciation for the "Doctrine of the Real Presence".

This is the need of the Hour right now.

The Doctrine of the Real Presence is a "Heavenly Gift" in more ways than one.

Only the Catholic Church has the Unique Distinction of possessing it.

This article, is magnificent in more ways than one as it extols the Beauty and Depth of the Doctrine of the Real Presence.

Here is a snippet of the article.

THE BREAD OF LIFE :
 
ONE day more than nineteen centuries ago a man was preaching to an attentive group in the Jewish synagogue at Capharnaum, a city situated near the Lake of Genesareth in Palestine. He was Jesus, well known to the people of that region as a prophet who taught sublime doctrines and a lofty code of morality, proclaiming them to be the revelations of God Himself. To support His claim, He performed wondrous deeds which evidently could be accomplished only with the miraculous assistance of the Almighty. Even now, as He was speaking, His listeners recalled that two days previously He had fed a multitude of five thousand persons with five barley loaves and two fishes, and some even knew that afterwards He had walked upon the waters of the storm-tossed sea to meet His disciples struggling in their tiny boat. With these thoughts in mind to persuade them that when a man exercised such extraordinary power it must be that the God of truth was attesting the correctness of His statements, the people listened to an astounding promise from the lips of Him whom Catholics acknowledge as the Son of God made man.
 
'I am the bread of life; he that cometh to Me shall not hunger, and he that believeth in Me shall never thirst. . . . I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever; and the bread that I will give is My flesh, for the life of the world. . . . Amen, amen, I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the son of man and drink His blood, you shall not have life in you. He that eateth My flesh and drinketh My blood hath everlasting life, and I will raise him up in the last day. For My flesh is meat indeed and My blood is drink indeed. He that eateth My flesh and drinketh My blood abideth in Me and I in him (John vi. 35-57).

Read the whole article here :

http://www.ecatholic2000.com/cts/untitled-173.shtml#_Toc349935838

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catholicism in Myanmar -- One Province says it all

Catholicism arrived in Myanmar also known as Burma in the 15th Century along with Portuguese Missionaries and Explorers. But, It was not ...