Wednesday, 19 October 2016

The Holy Wounds of Jesus Christ

The Devotion to the Holy Wounds and the following promises were revealed by Our Lord to Sister Mary Martha Chambon (1841-1907) of the Monastery of the Visitation of Chambery. The cause for her beatification was introduced in 1937.

Promises of Our Lord for those who practice this Devotion :

1. This Aspiration must often be repeated near the sick : My Jesus Christ, Pardon and Mercy through the merits of your Holy Wounds. This Prayer will bring solace to both soul and body.

2. A Sinner who will say, the following prayer will obtain conversion : Eternal Father, I offer you the wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal the wounds of our souls.

3. At each word, that you pronounce of the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds, I allow a drop of my Blood to fall upon the soul of a sinner.

4. Each Time, that you offer to my Father the merits of my divine wounds, you win an immense fortune.

5. Souls that have contemplated and honoured my Crown of Thorns on earth will be my Crown of Glory in Heaven !!

6. I will grant all that is asked of me, through the invocation of My Holy Wounds. With My Wounds and My Divine Heart, everything can be obtained.

7. Plunge your actions into my wounds, and they will be of value. All your actions, even the least soaked in my Blood will acquire by this alone an infinite merit and will please my Heart.

8. When you have some trouble, something to suffer, quickly place it in my Wounds and the pain will be alleviated.

The Chaplet of the Holy Wounds

On the Large Beads of the Rosary say the following

1. Eternal Father, I offer thee the wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal the wounds of our souls.

On the Small Beads ( Say 10 Times)

2. My Jesus Christ, Pardon and Mercy through the Merits of thy Holy Wounds.

Credits and References :

Pilgrim's Guide to Paradise
By Flavio Raposo
Pages 50 -53
July 1999

 

No comments:

Post a Comment