Saturday, 15 July 2017

Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel -- Patroness of the Brown Scapular and much much more

Tomorrow, the 16th of July is the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel is the Patroness of the Brown Scapular which protects one from sudden acts of evil as well as sudden accidents.

Our Lady appeared to Saint Simon Stock in England as Our Lady of Mount Carmel and gave him the Brown Scapular as He was a Carmelite Friar. She asked him to promote it like no tomorrow.

One of her Promises was that anyone who wears the Brown Scapular shall not be consumed by Fire or drown in water.

I am a Parishioner of the Parish of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Bandra West, Mumbai. I have fond memories over the years with regard to the celebration of this awesome and amazing Feast Day.

The Chief Celebrant for the Feast Day Mass would be brought in a Royal Procession to the Church led by the Confraternity of Mount Carmel and Musicians in attendance.

This would start from the corner of Bazar Road and Chapel Road and end up in the Church Compound.

The Chief Celebrant was usually a Bishop of eminent standing either from the Archdiocese of Mumbai or outside.

Now, I will talk about the Miracles wrought by Our Lady of Mount Carmel in my personal life.

When I was 24 years old, I was studying for my final year in law and because I had not studied very well I was sure that I was going to fail as the paper that I had answered was not to the best of my Intellectual Ability.

Yet, When the results were declared for the L.L.B. Examination I had passed -- This is surely a Miracle worked by the Mother of God in my favour.

When I was 26 in 1997 and I was living in the United States I had nowhere to live as a Student as my present lease had expired. I searched high and low for an Apartment in Centre City Philadelphia but none could be found.

It then dawned on me that I was literally on the street with no kind person to take me in for a few months till I found my feet again so to speak.

Out of literally nowhere, Mother Mary of Mount Carmel got me a Studio Apartment in Centre City Philadelphia in a safe neighborhood for a few months till I could take a decision on my future in the United States.

The Final Miracle was the best miracle of all. It happened to me in Mumbai in 2005.

I was diagnosed with Hyper Thyroidism which caused my hands to constantly shiver non - stop.

In a matter of months, I was out of the woods with regard to this particular illness. All this can be attributed to Divine Intervention by Our Lady of Mount Carmel whose Brown Scapular I have always worn from the age of 8 till the present age of 45.

I can personally endorse the garment of the brown scapular to anyone for a miracle regarding an illness or regarding anything in life.

Happy Feast to One and All.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Will Not Be Posting anymore ---- Please Enjoy My Blog

I say this because I am Physically and Mentally Exhausted and Drained. Catholic Classics Unlimited was a "Work of Art" devised ...